There is ONLY ONE WAY to drive traffic to your blog or website and it is not SEO.
SEO is just one way to help you drive traffic to your blog.
In fact, I suggest that you kill the google SEO obsession and stop wasting your time with SEO in this post.
Just do the right things and SEO will take care of itself.
(make your website visibility image)
If you have been struggling to drive traffic to your blog or website using SEO for a long time, stop now.
Here is how to drive traffic to your blog or website.
GET YOUR BLOG VISIBLE TO AS MANY EYEBALLS AS POSSIBLE
AND COMPEL THEM TO READ
SEO attempts to get your blog visible.
But there are a lot of other ways to get visitors to your website apart from SEO.
When people see your site, they must be compelled to read it.
This means that, you must give great thought to your headline.
Your headline must capture your prospective readers attention.
Your excerpt must hook them up and make them want to read more. Every sentence should ignite interest in what is coming up next.
Before you learn the how to make your blog visible without SEO, we assume that you;
- Know your ideal client or reader.
- Know the pain of your ideal client or reader Concentrate your blog on solving their problems or easing their pain.
- Produce high quality content that will keep your readers coming back once they discover your first post.
How to Drive Traffic to Your Blog Without Thinking About Google’s SEO Rules.
Present your content in different formats
Create videos from posts and submit to good video sharing sites.
Link back to your blog or website.
List of video submission sites that can help your blog’s visibility and traffic
2. Create presentation slides from posts and submit them to presentation sites.
Link back to your blog.
Below are a list of sites where you can submit your presentation
3. Convert posts to ebooks and submit them to ebook submission sites.
Remember to link back to your sites.
The list of sites below should help you get started with submitting your ebooks.
You can go to printfriendly.com to convert your post easily.
Further Resources for Reading
Convert post to PDF for blog traffic
4. Create infographics from your post and submit them to infographic directories.
The list of sites to submit infographics include
How to create a popular infographic
5. Use pictures where necessary.
Make sure your pictures can be pinned to pinterest.
6. Make sure your writing is easy to understand.
People generally share what they understand and can easily relate with. When you provide it to them, they will reward you by sharing your content with their networks.
7. Make it easy for people to share your content.
If people share your content, your blog will get visible.
Give them options.
There are services available to help you share your content this.
The list below will give you options.
- Addthis button
- Get Social button
- Sharethis button
- Include an RSS icon
8. Make it easy for people to comment on your content.
When people come to your site, make it easy for them to leave comments on your site. The comments add social proof to your site and makes it easier for others to stop by and check what is actually happening.
9. Where a blog owner comments and shares your post regularly, reward them with some link juice
When you repay other bloggers or commenters with link juice, they intend do the same. Web crawlers tend to notice the links pointing to your site
10. Place your posts where they can be seen easily – Website / Blog submission directories
This is a helpful post on directories where you can submit your blog
11. List your blog / website in search engines.
The popular search engines are, bing, google, baidu, yandex
12. Add a link back to your blog in your email signature
Anytime you send an email, do not forget to add your blog url or a link back to your blog in your signature
13. Build an email list.
You can drive traffic at will simply by emailing readers to any new post on your blog. This will ensure that readers return to your blog post, and of course, the money is in the list.
14. Build your twitter following.
Anytime you tweet a new post, more people are likely to see it if your twitter following is large. Large is always better
15. Build a huge friends list and fans on facebook
16. Take advantage of trending news and hastags in your post titles.
If there is a trending news, you can hijack new readers by leveraging the news to create content for your blog.
17. Write evergreen posts like “how tos”, “reasons why”, etc
This post is one of them
18. Join blogging communities that discuss your particular topic and build relationships there.
I am always mentioning this because it is a great place to build your readership.
If you are a blogger, sign up with the sites below and build relationships from there.
19. Create an interesting about me page at about.me and link back to your blog
20. Engage with your readers.
This will make them loyal. Loyal blog readers are the army that share your content and get them visible to their networks
21. Always research people sharing similar content and connect with them.
Once they know you and the content you create, they will share them if your content is good.
22. Remember to always ask people to share your post or recommend them.
Sometimes, people do not share your post just because you didn’t ask. Ask them to share the post.
23. If you want traffic fast and cheap, consider buying traffic from the following
- Facebook sponsored post
- StumbleUpon discovery
- Google Adwords? They are becoming expensive for many niches.
Once your blog or website gets visible and receives engagement and links, search engines will treat it as an important piece.
You get rewarded by search engines because they will show your blog higher in search results.
Now that you’ve learnt how to drive traffic to your blog without obsessing with SEO tactics, which ways do you think are also valuabe to get your website noticed without necessarily doing SEO? Leave your comments.
Show some love. Share this post everywhere. Tweet it