There is ONLY ONE WAY to drive traffic to your blog or website.
It is not SEO even though SEO helps
In fact, I suggest that you kill the google obsession and stop wasting your time with SEO in this post.
I will definitely tell you before this is all over.
Here is how to drive traffic to your blog or website.
GET YOUR BLOG VISIBLE TO AS MANY EYEBALLS AS POSSIBLE
AND COMPEL THEM TO READ
SEO attempts to get your blog visible. But there are a lot of other ways apart from SEO to get visitors to your website without.
When they see your site, they must be compelled to read it.
This means that, you must give great thought to your headline.
Your headline must capture your prospective readers attention.
Your excerpt must hook them up and make them want to read more. Every sentence should ignite interest in what is coming up next.
Before you learn the ways to make your website visible without SEO, we assume that you;
- Know your ideal client or reader
- Know the pain of your ideal client or reader
- Concentrate your blog on solving their problems or easing their pain.
- Produce high quality content that will keep your readers coming back once they discover your first post.
Ways to Drive Traffic without thinking about google’s SEO rules.
1. Present your content in different formats
- Create videos from posts and submit to good video sharing sites.
Link back to your blog or website.
List of video submission sites that can help your blog’s visibility and traffic
- Create presentation slides from posts and submit them to presentation sites. Link back to your blog.
Below are a list of sites where you can submit your presentation
Check a sample of this post I created on slideshare
- Docstoc.comFurther Resources for Reading
Convert post to PDF for blog traffic
how to create a popular infographic
2. Use pictures where necessary. Make sure your pictures can be pinned to pinterest.
3. Make sure your writing is easy to understand
4. Make it easy for people to share your content. Give them options.
There are services available to help you do this.
The list below will give you options.
- Addthis button
- Get Social button
- Sharethis button
- Include an RSS icon
5. Make it easy for people to comment on your content
6. Where a blog owner comments and shares your post regularly, reward them with some link juice
7. Place your posts where they can be seen easily – Website / Blog submission directories
8. List your blog / website in search engines
9. Add a link back to your blog in your email signature
10. Build an email list. The return readers, and the money is in the list.
11. Build your tutor following. Large is always better
12. Build a huge friends list and fans on facebook
13. Take advantage of trending news in your post titles
14. Write evergreen posts like “how tos”, “reasons why”, etc
15. Join blogging communities that discuss your particular topic and build relationships there.
16. I am always mentioning this because it is a great place to build your readership.
If you are a blogger, sign up with the sites below and build relationships from there.
17. Create an interesting about me page at about.me and link back to your blog
18. Engage with your readers. This will make them loyal
19. Always research people sharing similar content and connect with them.
20. Remember to always ask people to share your post or recommend them
20. If you want traffic fast and cheap, consider buying traffic from the following
- Facebook sponsored post
- StumbleUpon discovery
- Adwords? They are becoming expensive for many niches
Which ways do you think are also valuabe to get your website noticed without necessarily doing SEO? Leave your comments.
Show some love. Share this post everywhere. Tweet it
- Make Your Blog Famous in 30 days Here, you will find sure ways to make your blog...
- Shocking Truth – Linda Ikeji DOES NOT Make Money Blogging Linda Ikeji, Nigeria’s most popular blogger, does not make money...
- Linda Ikeji is Losing Money From Her Blog How Linda Ikeji is Losing Money From Her Blog I...
- What is Your Number One Question About Blog or Blogging What is Your Number One Question on Blogging Before I...